Preparing for your mortgage appointment
Important documents required
1) Budget planner
This budget planner must be completed prior to your review
2) Income details - employed customers
A copy of your most recent pay slip, confirming your gross annual and net monthly income.
2) Income details - self employed customers
We need to confirm your gross and net profit figures for the last three years, as well as salary and dividend income where applicable.
The form SA302 confirms this, which can be obtained from your tax office. If your SA302 is not available we can review a reference from a suitably qualified accountant, or your most recent set of accounts. These must have been produced within the last 18 months.
3) Bank statements
Please have your two most recent months bank statements available.
4) Details of your financial commitments
You should have your most recent statement confirming the current outstanding balance and monthly payments for any financial commitments. For example:
- Credit cards; personal loans; hire purchase agreements (e.g. interest free credit); car loans;
- Full details of all properties including any Buy-to-let or second homes. i.e. mortgages statements
5) Related insurances
Please have the policy details available for any mortgage related insurances you have. For example:
- Home and contents insurance; income protection; or life and critical illness policies
6) Financial plans
Bring any existing financial plans if they need to be considered. For example:
- Investment or endowment details you wish to use to support an interest only mortgage request
- Pension details if your mortgage will take you past your planned / expected retirement age
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE