What we do
You are the future we are investing in
Santander Universities has a number of ways in which we support the university community. It is our overall aim to help these institutions improve their educational offering, encourage innovation amongst their students and staff and promote entrepreneurial qualities. Below is a list of examples of how we continue to do this.
Scholarships and grants
- Scholarships & grants for students from Spain, Portugal and Latin American countries to study in the UK, and for British students to study overseas
- Funding for professors, researchers and staff visits, and support of teaching programmes
The mobility grants offered by Santander Universities†are given to national and international students to study at a university within the Santander Universities network. This has allowed students to gain academic and cultural knowledge in another country.
- Awards for specialised research programmes, academic travel and fieldwork
- Funding and support to research centres, projects and teams
Many academics have already benefited from Santander support to fund research.
Click here to view an example:
- Programmes to put into practice research projects for business implementation
- Creation and support of incubators of universitiesí businesses
- Innovation and enterprise awards
- Venture capital funds
- Project funding awards
- University / Industry forums, conferences and seminars
Senior members of Santander actively encourage entrepreneurship and enquiring minds by regularly holding and attending institutional lectures and seminars. Click here to see an example:
- Creation of university networks for co-operation
- International teaching, research and exchange programmes
- International students orientation programmes
Facilitating cross-border relationships between universities is a primary aim for Santander Universities Global Division. Click here to read an example:
- Sponsorships of sport teams, scholarships and awards
- Awards for excellence in non-academic achievement (enterprise, sports, global citizenship or community work)
Many students find time apart from completing their degree to be active and help their local communities. Santander believes this will place students on course for a successful future and rewards those who do so. Click here to observe an example:
- Great products for university communities
- Branches and ATMs on campuses
The members of staff at Santander university branches are always willing to help the university community on money matters giving free financial advice.