IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are an Alliance & Leicestermortgage customer and you are moving home please click here
Things you need to know
How much you could borrow
- We could lend you up to a maximum of 90% of the property value.
- Where the mortgage is arranged on an interest only basis the maximum you could borrow is 75% of the property value and any borrowing between 50% to 75% of the property value must be on a Repayment basis.
- If your mortgage is in arrears with another lender, we cannot consider a mortgage application until your mortgage has been out of arrears for at least 12 months.
- We are unable to consider applications from customers who are (or who have been) bankrupt.
- We do not offer mortgages beyond selected retirement age if your mortgage is not already with Santander. Existing customers please contact us to discuss your circumstances.
- As part of your application we will carry out a credit search and search of address history
Specific types of application
- We offer mortgages on a Shared Ownership basis.
- This is not the same as Shared Equity properties where we will only consider Help to Buy Equity Loan mortgage applications and not applications for any other shared equity scheme.
- If you are remortgaging to us you must be currently living in the property
- We do not offer guarantor mortgages
- We do not offer buy to let mortgages for new customers over the phone
- We do not offer self build mortgages
All applications are subject to status and our current lending criteria. This means that the amount we will lend you will depend on your individual circumstances, the type of property and the amount you borrow. For example, we may require a higher deposit if you are buying a flat or a new build property.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
*Call charge information