1. Any holder of a Santander Cashback World MasterCard® ('123 Credit Card') is able to earn cashback at the retailers categorised below made using the 123 Credit Card. Cashback on purchases is calculated by Santander Cards Limited at the following percentage rates:
1.1. Supermarkets: 1% cashback on purchases made at supermarkets which are identified by Supermarket Merchant Category Codes 5411, 5499 and 9751. Supermarkets within the Merchant Category Codes include, but are not limited to, Marks & Spencer, Asda, Iceland, The Co-operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Somerfield, Tesco and Waitrose. Most purchases made at Marks & Spencer will qualify for cashback at the rate of 1%;
1.2. Department Stores: 2% cashback on purchases made at department stores which are identified by Department Store Merchant Category Code 5311. Department stores within the Merchant Category Codes include, but are not limited to, John Lewis, Peter Jones, Debenhams, House of Fraser, BHS, Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Fenwick;
1.3. Petrol Stations, National Rail and Transport for London ('TfL') travel: 3% cashback on:
1.3.1. fuel purchases (which include petrol, diesel and LPG) made at petrol stations which are identified by Petrol Station Merchant Category Codes 5541, 9752 and 5542. Petrol stations within the Merchant Category Codes include, but are not limited to, BP, Esso, Texaco, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's. Cashback may also apply to other supermarket petrol stations falling within the above Petrol Station Merchant Category Codes;
1.3.2. National Rail and TfL ticket purchases from retailers identified by Passenger Railways Merchant Category Code 4112 ('Rail Purchases'). Rail Purchases include:
18.104.22.168. train ticket purchases made in the UK at a National Rail station, self service ticket machines, onboard a train, online or by telephone from all major UK train operating companies and online train ticket retailers. Train operating companies and online train ticket retailers include, but are not limited to, Arriva Trains Wales, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Hull Trains, First TransPennine Express, Gatwick Express, Grand Central, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Connect, Heathrow Express, Island Line, London Midland, Merseyrail, Northern Rail, ScotRail, South West Trains, Southeastern, Southern, Stansted Express, Virgin Trains, mytrainticket.co.uk, qjump.co.uk, raileasy.co.uk, redspottedhanky.com, takethetrain.co.uk and thetrainline.com. Purchases of train tickets made at a main Northern Ireland railway station eligible for cashback is limited to travel on trains operated by NI Railways (identified by Railroads Merchant Category Code 4011); and
22.214.171.124. TfL ticket purchases (which include Oyster Card purchases made using your 123 Credit Card and Travelcard for travel on the London Underground, London buses, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, National Rail, London Tramlink, Thames Clipper and Emirates Airline Cable Car) made at a station, self service ticket machines, London Travel Information Centres, online or by telephone.
2. These Merchant Category Codes are industry category codes which identify a retailer as a supermarket, department store, petrol station or passenger railways or railroads merchant. In certain situations some supermarkets, department stores, petrol stations, train operating companies or online train ticket retailers may not be identified by these codes and cashback will not apply to those transactions. In some cases petrol stations operated by a supermarket may not fall within the Petrol Station Merchant Category Codes and fuel purchases made at such petrol stations may earn cashback at 1%.
3. Purchases of financial services products (which include travellers' cheques, foreign currency, gift vouchers and insurance) made at a supermarket, department store or petrol station may not qualify for cashback.
4. Purchases eligible for cashback exclude (a) TfL travelcards, passes and Oyster Card top up purchases made at newsagents, garages and off-licences (b) NI Railways train tickets purchased online (c) steam railway trips and holidays (d) Eurotunnel Le Shuttle (e) train ticket purchases from travel agents or tour operators (f) London Congestion Charge (g) balance transfers (h) cash withdrawals from a cash machine or over the counter at a bank or cash provider (i) any payment made by electronic money transfer, money order, Direct Debit or standing order or (j) any use for gambling including internet gambling and purchase of lottery tickets.
5. The total amount of spending on your 123 Credit Card at a supermarket or department store which is eligible for cashback in any one month is limited to the amount of the credit limit on your 123 Credit Card.
6. A maximum spend of £300 on either fuel purchases or Rail Purchases or a combination of fuel purchases and Rail Purchases will be eligible for cashback each month (the period between your monthly statements). Once you have reached this maximum amount, any further fuel purchases or Rail Purchases that you make during that month will not qualify for cashback.
7. If we pay you cashback over your £300 maximum monthly spend on fuel purchases and Rail Purchases, we may subsequently debit your 123 Credit Card with the overpayment of cashback.
8. The cashback award is supplied by Santander Cards Limited and not the supermarket, department store, petrol station, train operating company, online train ticket retailer or TfL. This cashback does not impact on any other offers supplied by the supermarket, department store,petrol station, train operating company, online train ticket retailer or TfL.
9. We will pay you any cashback you have earned from a supermarket, department store, petrol station, train operating company, online train ticket retailer or TfL falling within the Merchant Category Codes by crediting your 123 Credit Card account every month. The total cashback earned each month will be credited to your next monthly 123 Credit Card statement.
10. Cashback that is earned by any additional cardholder will be credited to the primary 123 Credit Card account holder.
11. No cashback will be payable in respect of:
11.1. purchases that you subsequently cancel or return for a refund. Any purchases refunded to your 123 Credit Card will be deducted from the total of your eligible purchases for the month in which the refund is made; or
11.2. any spending which, in any one month, exceeds your credit limit.
12. Cashback may be suspended and not earned if you break any of the terms and conditions of your 123 Credit Card Agreement, for example:
12.1. If the minimum payment due on your 123 Credit Card has not reached your 123 Credit Card account by the payment due date;
12.2. If your payment to your 123 Credit Card is returned unpaid;
12.3. If you are over your credit limit; or
12.4. If you enter into an arrangement with your creditors or are made bankrupt
12.5. If your 123 Credit Card account is closed or suspended (except where your 123 Credit Card is lost or stolen) after you have earned cashback but before that cashback has been applied to your 123 Credit Card account, that cashback will be lost.
13. We may change these Terms, including the rates at which you earn cashback, or withdraw the cashback scheme by giving you 30 days' notice. The reasons leading to a change might arise where we wish to make these Terms better for you, to account for changes in law or regulation or industry practice, to reflect changes in our practice (including changes arising from a reorganisation of our business), or to correct a mistake.
14. References to we or our in these Terms are to Santander Cards UK Limited and Santander Cards Limited.
15. If you have any specific queries about a retailer or how much cashback you have earned, please contact Customer Services on 0845 602 1582. Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.