Please note: we have recently changed our complaints process. At Santander we strive to keep our customers happy, however, we realise that sometimes we make mistakes. Telling us when you are unhappy is important as it means we have an opportunity to put things right and improve the service we offer in the future. Please click here if you would like to see our new complaints process.
Personal Loan - Important Legal Information
Outlined below are the General Conditions relating to Personal Loans. Please note, you will receive full Terms and Conditions when you apply. Please read these carefully before signing and returning your agreement.
- Personal Loans are only available to UK residents and are not available to persons under 21 years.
- Loans are subject to status and Santander UK plc reserves the right to refuse an application for a loan for certain purposes.
- The rate you will pay depends upon a credit assessment conducted by us of your personal circumstances.
- Please be sure you can afford the repayments before entering into a loan agreement.
- The loan must be taken out within one month of application.
- Loan repayments can be spread over 12 to 60 months in 6 monthly intervals.
- Repayments must be made by Direct Debit.
- Santander UK plc is registered in England. Registered Number 2294747 Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN.
Before applying you may also want to read: A Guide to the Lending Code for Consumers
Adobe Reader website. To view these files you need to have Adobe Reader installed. If you don't already have it you can download it for free from the Adobe Reader website.
Personal Loan Payment Protection Insurance - Policies taken out from 4th May 2009
cahoot Personal Loan Payment Protection Insurance
Flexible loan payment protection insurance policy summary
Flexible loan payment protection insurance policy document
Fixed rate loan payment protection insurance policy summary
Fixed rate loan payment protection insurance policy document